Terms & Conditions of Hire
By placing a rental order with Gilded Linens, you agree that our service to you will begin.
Under the Distance Selling Regulations you will have a right to cancel your order for this service within 7 working days from the date you contract with us.
We will extend your right to cancel this service up to 30 days before your event date.
In circumstances where you require the service to be performed within the cancellation period, your right to cancel will cease to exist.
- The hire price is stated clearly on the order form and our price list brochure.
- All linen hire is subject to a courier charge and a security deposit (the latter of which is fully refundable should the linen be returned to us in good order).
- The hire price includes laundering costs and service charges.
- Payment is made by bank transfer via the invoice we send you. Linens will be delivered on the pre-agreed date to the pre-agreed address, only after full payment of your final invoice and the security deposit has been received.
- The hire period is normally between 3-4 days and is pre-arranged and pre-agreed at your convenience. If a longer hire period is required we will do our utmost to accommodate you as long as it doesn’t impact on other clients.
Payment and Deposit
- A booking deposit of 25% of the total linen cost is payable on confirmation of booking. This booking deposit secures your chosen linens for your event date and is fully refundable up until 30 days before your event date. The final balance is due, and must be cleared, 30 days prior to the event date.
- A refundable security deposit of between £50 and £200 is required (paid via PayPal as part of the final payment invoice). This deposit will be returned via bank transfer within 14 working days once the linen order has been collected and checked for any damage or loss of items. The customer will be informed within 7 working days if there are any damaged or missing items to the order.
Delivery and Collection
- Your linen will be delivered and collected via our Parcelforce couriers unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- A signature must be secured when delivering. Under no circumstances will hired items be left at unattended premises.
- Delivery and collection charges are not included in the cost of hire.
- If no one is available at your chosen venue or location to take delivery or be available for collection, an additional cost may then be charged.
Care of Gilded Linens Table Linen
- We take huge pride in the product we provide, so please take care when using them. They are made from delicate fabric and must be treated kindly.
- Please do not place hot plates or serving dishes on the table linen. We ask that you use charger plates beneath the plates to ensure that the linen is not heat damaged, scorched or burned, all of which constitute damage beyond repair. You will be invoiced to replace any affected linen.
- Any candles used on the linen must be placed within a holder that catches all wax. Any linen returned with wax on will be charged as a replacement cloth. Please see Damage Liability for full details.
- Laundering is included in the hire cost; however, an additional cost may be charged for stains that are hard to remove from this delicate fabric. In the instance where a stain cannot be removed, a charge will be made to enable us to replace the damaged linen.
Packing up the Linen
Please follow these simple guidelines when packing up the linen:
- Please use the original packaging and/or extra packaging supplied.
- Please carefully shake the used linens to remove debris and fold carefully to pack away. This is easier with two people involved.
- The linens are made of delicate fabric. If any linens are returned scuffed, damaged or soiled and therefore unfit to use again, these will be charged to you. This charge will enable us to replace the damaged linen. Please see Replacement Costs. Any charges will be invoiced within 7 working days of the linens being returned.
Responsibility of the Hirer
- The hirer is solely responsible for the safe keeping of all goods and packaging on hire from Gilded Linens as from the time and date of delivery, until all goods are collected by our courier, at the end of the hire period.
- If you need to cancel the order you must inform Gilded Linens as soon as possible.
- Cancellations within 30 days of the delivery date will incur the following fees:
- 30 days or more: no charge
- Under 30 days and only booking deposit paid: you will lose your booking deposit
- 10-19 days: 50% of order
- 9-5 days: 75% of order
- Under 5 days: 100% of order
- We at Gilded Linens accept no responsibility for damage or injury to persons or property, caused by the items hired, however caused.
- Gilded Linens will not accept liability for any claims that arise from any event concerning or involving items hired from Gilded Linens.
- All goods are hired and are the responsibility of the hirer until they are returned to Gilded Linens.
- Gilded Linens makes every effort to ensure the safety of all its products and cannot be held liable for any injury caused unless as a direct result of our negligence or lack of care.
- Contracts between Gilded Linens and the customer will be governed by British law and all disputes will be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the British Courts.
- All items hired remain the property of Gilded Linens at all times.
- For every linen that is damaged, we will charge you the hire price again to replace. This will be taken from the security deposit initially but should this fund be depleted we will then issue you with a new invoice that must be paid ASAP.
Gilded Linens reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.